Looking for a San Francisco web design job? Tech news site GigaOM is looking for a senior user experience designer to work on all of its web platforms. Click through to learn more and apply:
How would you like to be the primary designer behind GigaOM’s new responsive web design? We’re getting ready to roll up our sleeves and tackle the mobile web with a design that speaks to our audience across all devices. The design language we use for the site will make up a pattern library that will roll out across all our properties so this really is an opportunity to join us at the beginning.
We are looking for someone passionate about information design and how to transform content into knowledge using design.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will report into the Product team but a member of cross-functional project teams
- Your tasks will range from short term template tweaks on up to full-scale re-branding of properties
- You will be the voice of GigaOM design and must be able to articulate design choices
- You will be the keeper of the design pattern library and add and modify as necessary
- Interaction Design, particularly in online publishing
- Passionate about tech news, experience with social media distribution
- Adobe Creative Suite, HTML & CSS experience a requirement
- Experience with designing for a CMS, WordPress experience a plus
- Previous work experience with engineering team
- Knowledge of mobile development best practices, including responsive web development principles
- Visual Design experience a plus
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.