Looking for a web design job near the beach? Sticky IT is looking for an experienced web designer to join its growing team in Wilmington, NC. Relocation package may be available; don’t bother to apply if you’re not currently living or willing to move to Wilmington. Click through to learn more and apply:
We are seeking an experienced, savvy creative to join our team for the role of web designer. This person will have a bold design eye, appreciation for typography and color balance, and some solid chops working in a production environment.
- At least 2 Years of Professional Graphic / Web Design Experience.
- A kickass portfolio with at least 5 examples of your design prowess. This is a web design position – please have some websites to show for consideration.
- Adobe Suite Mastery – Photoshop and Illustrator bow down to you!
- A strong understanding of layout, design principles, and typography; as well as usability and web standards.
Who You Are:
- Detailed – You have a ridiculous eye! Guides are a way of life.
- Accountable – It’s vital to have a thorough nature and pride in your work.
- Organized – we like labels and layer sets!
- A Good Communicator – we will eventually need you to interface with clients and conduct consultations; phone skills are a great asset.
- Focused – A professional, focused work ethic is a must.
- Down to Earth – A smart sense of humor and ability to have fun at work is important.
You Will Stand Out If …
- You have formal design education.
- You have logo and branding experience.
- You have experience designing for mobile devices and/or interfaces.
- You have experience expanding stock photography and retouching images.
- You can build your designs into HTML / CSS.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Want to make more money as a designer in 2013? Donna Farrugia, executive director at The Creative Group, presents a live design tutorial on October 18; learn more and register. You can also catch Farrugia at the HOW Interactive Design Conference (San Francisco, October 29–31).