Looking for a New York web design job? Link shortening service Bitly seeks a visual designer to “help reinvent the way people remember, discover, organize, and share websites.” Click through to learn more and apply:
We’re seeking someone with impeccable visual design chops and a strong understanding of interaction. Someone who obsesses over typography, color, shadow, iconography – and how they do and don’t apply to web and mobile. Who understands the material at hand: links, buttons, and forms; navigation, content, and chrome; interaction and information. Who may adore print and packaging, but LOVES and LIVES for web and mobile.
We work hard and fast and have a lot of fun. We’re seat of our pants but with our eyes on concrete goals. Lots of iteration. You’ll be making many small changes all the time while inching bigger projects ever forward. You don’t get too attached to things, because nothing lasts (except legacy code).
If that sounds like you, and you want to be part of a wonderful team building wonderful things, drop us a line.
- Be a primary contributor on designing a new consumer product.
- Evolve and maintain a uniform look and feel across multiple branded experiences for web, mobile, and tablet.
- Identify and optimize the visual nuances of interaction.
Ideally, you have:
- Real world experience with the visual design of a consumer website and/or mobile app.
- Enthusiasm for information and data visualization.
- The ability to read and modify HTML and CSS when needed.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- A healthy sense of fun and irreverence.
- A desire to change the world.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.