Looking for a New York web design job? Canv.as is looking for a visual designer to work on its new media-rich community platform in Manhattan. Click through to learn more and apply:
Our office is in Union Square, Manhattan. If you don’t live in New York City, we’ll pay to fix that. We offer free lunch, competitive salary and full benefits (health, dental, vision), and take-what-you-want vacation. We also have one of the biggest arcades in Manhattan (3 cabinets!).
Here’s what we’re looking for in our visual designer:
- You have extensive experience designing social web applications that get used by real people.
- You have experience designing for iOS. We have iPad and iPhone products in the works and you’ll be in charge of designing them.
- You’re a champion of the user. You love talking to users, getting feedback, and conducting user testing.
- You measure success quantitatively and qualitatively. You measure success by how a visual design impacts key metrics. You also measure success by how awesome the product looks and feels to you and the people who care about it.
- You’re a Photoshop wizard, someone who keeps up with the latest in web design, and can hop into the codebase and make basic changes independently.
- You want to be responsible for the unified visual design of the Canvas product. This means creating a style guide and pattern library, and then empowering the whole team to enforce it.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.