Looking for a New York design job? Paperless Post, a cool startup, is looking for a visual designer to work on user interface design in a fun environment: “We’re financially backed but also have a strong revenue model. That must be why there are always so many donuts in the kitchen.” Click through to learn more and apply:
Paperless Post is looking for an exceptional visual designer to help us create elegant and simple user interfaces. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a startup environment and is a creative problem solver who knows that design is about visual communication and language. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about clean, compelling, high quality design and wants to contribute in multiple dimensions to shape and define the Paperless Post web and mobile experience.
- Collaborate with the Product team to develop and establish interactive visual design systems
- Produce design artifacts for site development
- Design new and creative approaches that facilitate user understanding and logical manner
- 2-3 years of design experience with Photoshop, Fireworks, or similar tools. Experience with designing for touch and/or mobile interfaces is a plus
- In-depth understanding of HTML, DHTML, CSS, and browser capabilities
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and web design best practices/standards
- A passion for product and web application design and an aesthetic understanding of what Paperless Post is and could be
- Able to thrive in a fluid startup environment, able to both take direction and go beyond what is asked for you
- Must be a great team player and an effective collaborator with excellent communication skills. It is essential that you are able to present your design rationale based on our brand, user goals, and usability, rather than personal opinion
- A current and review-ready portfolio demonstrating strong user interface and visual design work
About Paperless Post:
Paperless Post was founded in 2008 by a brother/sister team, James and Alexa Hirschfeld (one of Fast Company’s “Most Influential Women in Tech 2011”). We specialize in the intersection of technology and visual art, providing the tools to design graphical, interactive messages that redefine what stationery can be. Our users, ranging from top-tier cultural institutions to brides, trust us with everything from fundraisers to wedding invitations to thank you notes. We ship features that over 10 million people interact with, and we are able to focus on quality because our users pay us directly.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.