Looking for an Ontario web design job? CanvasPop, a sister venture to hot DNA-art company DNA11, is looking for a web designer to work in Ottawa, Canada. Click through to learn more and apply:
This rapidly growing ecommerce company is seeking a killer full time Web Designer. We’re looking for the best of the best!
You will work closely with the Co-Founder, our web development and marketing teams to enhance the design of our existing interface and also work on an array of individual design projects. You will be responsible for everything from website and iconography design to print and collateral work. Overall the job is to make sure our brand looks amazing across all media.
Is this you?
- You are a top-tier, ultra-passionate designer that is obsessed with conceptualizing and making great things. You never compromise, you strive to be the best and take immense pride in your work. You love working with great people and leading design projects. You love art, photography and everything creative. You dream and think big. Design is in your DNA.
- You can create compelling headlines—so you’re comfortable with creating basic copy.
- User experience (UI/UX) is critical to you. You constantly look for ways to improve the user experience AND you know how to balance incredible design with elegant functionality. You listen to the user and can translate those needs into workable designs that create incredibly delightful experiences.
- You demand the best from yourself and you take criticism easily, even from non-designers. You believe that good ideas come from anywhere.
- You respect branding; you can create, protect, nurture and define brands—it’s what you love.
- You are familiar with the agile process. You interact often with developers and product managers to meet aggressive deadlines. You can also work independently from anywhere and don’t mind working alone.
- You love to build; web elements, logos, style guides, design patterns, UI requirements, brand identity standards, meaningful presentations and reports, print material (documents, stickers, posters), banners, ads, etc.
Stuff we love..
- stellar layout, color and typography skills with a fanatical attention to detail—down to the pixel!
- clean, creative, fun style with an eye towards marketing effectiveness
- typography geeks
- able to manage multiple projects at once
- voracious learner
- a portfolio that demonstrates your best work AND your process
- a passion for and in-depth knowledge of photography and digital art
Stuff we don’t like so much…
- designers that get their feelings hurt when we don’t like their idea
- bad gradients
- comic sans
- missed deadlines
Experience and Qualifications
- a strong portfolio showing creative and executable skills
- 6 + years of professional experience in a web and graphic design environment
- excellent communication skills
- able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.